Thursday, May 26, 2011

A bit about the princess...

I am supposed to be doing laundry.. I hate laundry.. the enormous pile facing me on the folding shelf shows it.. I am blogging instead :).

My darling girl is very determined and very independent. Her favorite saying is "I CAN do it!" Lately, though, she has been needing a little more adult time and her behavior is showing it. The last few weeks when she has wanted something and been told "no", she comes back with one or the other following phrases, saying either one with a sickeningly sweet, sing song voice - "I'll be your best friend" or better yet, "I'll give you some Tan-dy(candy)!" (She learned that one from her older brother which he uses when trying to get her to buzz off) Oh dear. It will be interesting to see how she behaves when she's old enough to ask for the keys!

The other night, my parents came for a brief visit and my mother very patiently, gave her some of that time she's been wanting. Mom read several books to her, and when she finished a book and asked her what they should do next, the princess would answer "I've dot a dood idea! Let's read it adain!" Thanks for the help mom!

Last night she was determined to hold her dad to his word when he said he would ride bikes with her if it wasn't raining. They got home from the store and as he was going inside she insisted it was nice enough to ride. He gave in, went out with her, and got his bike - in the rain. Her response to him was "See dad, it's not raining, only my head and my arms are detting wet, not my shoulders!"

With all of this attention though, she hasn't offered me any candy lately!

2 comments:

  1. Haha!!! I'd take some tandy!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris! We found you through Jeannie & Co! We'll link you to us if that's OK :)

    ReplyDelete