Monday, May 23, 2011

A little of this, and a little of that...

So last post I mentioned I might be better at this than journaling, but then I realized, maybe not. My eldest, Knight 1 or "P" asked me if I had updated "THE BLOG" and I had to let him down gently. Hmmm... So, whilst the Jester, My Hubband is working on a project when he should be in bed, I have decided to tap out a few memoried of that last little while - actually, I am just filling time until I figure out how to download the pics from my phone - pesky technology, just slows me down!

Let's see - the other day, the princess was giving Knight 2 a bad time - I think it was mutual - as when I told her to knock it off and leave him alone, she wailed - "but he's pussing my buttons!" I love how that girl talks - she rarely says the first sound in a letter combination, so some of her verbiage would go like this - "Mom, can i doe to de rochery store wif you to get rocheries?" or "come play in the rass wif me" or "P will you get me a lass of mewlk please?" almost everything is accompanied by a deet do, meaning Thank you!! and my fav, "mommy, I need to do my stoolwork please!" She has no idea she is only three!

Tonight as we were eating dinner - pizza to be exact, P gave a perfect rendition of how he thought a frog might look while eating. You see, we learned today that frogs eyes not only help them see because their eyes are on the top of their heads, but also that said eyes roll back and down into the head to help in the frog's swallowing process by pushing down the food while swallowing. This act of frog dramatization of course caused peals of laughter amongst all those watching - especially Knight 2.

Knight 2, he is our charmer, laid back, impish and almost always out to lunch! "J, go get your shoes" - "Can't find 'em" - "there in the middle of the floor" - "Really? Where?"  - "There in the middle" - "Oooh, there!" Imagine me - giant rolling of the eyes! - His favorite pastime is making music - constantly - and he doesn't care how. He sings incessantly, which is generally lovely, except when I can't get the tune out of my head. But the thing I love most is I can always count on him to play with his sister - usually doing what she wants to do, which is mostly sword fighting, but all good princesses need to know how to sword fight and he's glad to teach her!

one last thing, to tell you the order in our house and explain the reason behind the title to this blog. The other day, all of the school work was complete and they were playing quietly in their playroom. and G and I hear, "Honey, you sit dere, You honey, come hew, Honey, knock it off,"  "Honey, do dis fow me!" but the best was the chagrined reply of both boys - "yes honey - whatever!" She's going to be such a good mommy someday! Love those kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment